Affordable Crestaco Properties corporate structures have been modelled both in keeping with a general principles of good social corporate governance on the hand in hand and in compliance with the dictates or demands with the provisions enshrined in the Deed of Registration.
It is only through a neatly woven and well articulated corporate governance structure that is better placed to deliver on its mandate of social housing to the satisfaction/fulfilment of stakeholder expectations.
- A board of Trustees at the top tasked with the overall responsibility of providing overall policy and strategic direction and leadership to Zimbabwe Home Developers Trust.
- A full time territory (spatially) decentralized full time secretariat under a Chief Executive Officer and supportive Project /Administration staff; to ensure smooth; swift; efficient; bureaucratic –free; prudent and pragmatic policy and strategy implementation; through competent; transparent; accountable and democratic implementation procedures and practices to the benefits and satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- A broad based national low income, home seeking action voluntary membership at the bottom who participates financially to the advancement of their shared home ownership vision.
- Technical and funding partners
Affordable Crestaco Properties endorses and embraces the ideology of “smart partnerships”. To that end; the Trust has entered into mutually beneficial partnerships with a number of technical and funding organizations. This comes from an apparent registration that has inherent technical and financial limitations as a stand alone organization but can however harness vast repositories of external technical expertise and funding opportunities outside for the ultimate benefit of its membership.
- Technical Partners
Affordable Crestaco Properties has (ADC) Africa Development Consultancy (PVT) LTD as its technical partners. The practice offers integrated services to in areas of: town planning; environmental planning; land survey; soil tests; engineering designs; feasibility studies and project management.
- Funding Partners
Affordable Crestaco Properties has a number of funding partners which include International Donors and Development Banks. The partners augment’s resource base especially in the area of funding off-site infrastructure projects.
National Activites and Achievements
Affordable Crestaco Properties is still in its infancy. However tremendous achievements have been recorded.
- Harare; the Trust has acquired 200 high density stands from a private land owner of which relevant documents has already been signed.
- Harare; the Trust allocated 51 medium density stands at Glaudina Park,32 high density stands in calidonia,
- Chitungwiza; the Trust allocated 12 high density stands
- Nkayi; prospects are very high as 1000 high density stands has been promised, only waiting for full Council resolution.
- Mt Darwin; the Trust has submitted its technical proposal to Pfura Rural District Council, for high and medium density stands
- Furthermore, the Trust is awaiting responses from various local authorities countrywide where the technical proposals were submitted.
NB: The Trust will continue with its Land Acquisition exercise, through the Government, Local Authorities and or Private land owners for residential purposes.